Competitive Basketball Program
Contact our Basketball Coach Thomas Mathis (firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-408-420-3736), if you have any questions.
Click here to Register for our 2023 Competitive Basketball Program
- Teams are being formed. Players will be notified of their team and practice times after they are selected.
- Players selected at previous tryouts should register online on this site.
- Practices begin the week of September 1, 2022.
- If you have any questions please contact
- Thomas Mathis, our Basketball Coach, email@example.com, 1-408-420-3736.
SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE COMPETITIVE BASKETBALL PROGRAM.
Uniforms for our Competitive Basketball Teams
Please click here to see details of our uniforms.
Tryouts for our Competitive Basketball Teams
- Tryouts for the 2023-24 Competitive Basketball Teams are on Aug 26, 2023
- Location: The Point Church Gym, 3695 Rose Terrasse Circle, San Jose, CA 95148
- Date: Saturday, Aug 26, 2023
- 9AM to 10AM – BOYS and GIRLS Grades 2, 3 and 4.
- 10AM to 11AM – BOYS and GIRLS Grades 5 and 6
- 11AM to 12Noon – BOYS and GIRLS Grades 7 and 8
- There is no pre-registration needed to tryout
Please contact our Basketball Coach, Thomas Mathis, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to tryout at a scheduled practice for a team after Aug 26, 2023. A tryout will be conducted only if there is an open position on the team.
Div1 AAU Competitive Basketball Program
- This program is for boys in Grades 2 to 12. The players on these teams are selected after tryouts.
- They normally have two practices every week (on average we commit to 8 practices a month) with professional coaches in an indoor basketball court (The Point Church Gym in Evergreen)
- Practice times for you are provided at the time you are assigned to a team.
- Last practice for the season is May 31
- New season begins on Sep 1 and ends on May 31
- Practices are not held on these holidays: Sep 6, Nov 25,26, Dec 24, Dec 31 and Jan 17,Feb 21, May 30
- Play in a number of competitive AAU tournaments organized into 3 tournament seasons.
A basketball program for boys and girls
The Allstars United Youth Basketball provides recreational and competitive basketball. Player development in a fun environment is the primary goal. We provide an educational and enriching environment.
Program goals and objectives:
- To promote “Old School Basketball,” updated for today’s game, with an emphasis on the role sports play in the growth and development of children of all ages.
- To encourage participation of children of different age groups and skill levels to learn and play the game the right way.
- Provide an environment where all children can thrive and strive to do their best learning the game from the ground up from experienced and qualified coaches.
- A top priority is to set exemplary sportsmanship goals and proper conduct by coaches, players, and parents.
Why Choose Allstars United Youth Basketball?
- We provide a quality basketball program that inspires self-confidence, increases physical fitness, a sense of fair play and team spirit, and, most of all, is good fun for all, win or lose.
- Students in our afterschool program will be able to finish their recreational basketball practices as an extended component of their afterschool program, enabling the parents to avoid shuttling the kids to different locations! Coupled with the free transportation we provide from Evergreen schools to our afterschool program this saves a lot of time, money and effort for our parents. More details about our afterschool program are at AllStars United After-schools.
- Team practices and games are held primarily in the Evergreen area, with competitive teams traveling to other cities for away games.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Thomas Mathis, Basketball Coach email@example.com, 1-408-420-3736.